Menu
Packages

Book online. Best rate guarantee.

Music & Culture

Handwerk+Form

18 - 21 October 2018

Events and packages list

Handwerk+Form

A competition in the Bregenz Forest

Objects for building, furnishing and living

Since 1991, the competition Handwerk + Form has been presented by Werkraum Bregenzerwald and Handwerkverein Andelsbuch. Objects produced by the craftpersons from the Bregenz Forest are awarded prizes and exhibited.

A jury selects the winner from the everyday objects produced. In a public exhibition, the pieces are presented in old workshops and barns and can be discovered by taking a trip through Andelsbuch.

Exhibition

13/14 October 2018 and 18/19/20/21 October 2018

International reputation

Crafts and skilled trades from the Bregenz Forest have an international reputation, for this reason, drafts also come from architects and designs from Austria and abroad. The knowledge and craftsmanship of the craftpersons, combined with the drafts of the architects, designers and framers provide innovative impulses for construction and residential culture.

Members

Werkraum Bregenzerwald currently has 80 members. Broken down by sector, the share of woodworking sectors is 41 %. The remaining 59 % come from the construction industry and building trade, sanitary technology and electrical engineering, metal and glass constructions and from the sectors of clothing, shoes and jewellery.[nbsp] Additional representatives are painters, coopers, oven makers, upholsterers, stonemasons and others. At Hotel Post Bezau we also employ numerous members of Werkraum Bregenzerwald for the interior and exterior work at the hotel.

Architecture at Hotel Post in Bezau

Hotel guests interested in architecture have made the right choice with Hotel Post. With a great deal of new buildings and renovations, the famous Kaufmann architect family has created a hotel that serves as a shining example of Bregenz Forest architecture and craftsmanship in Bezau. A great deal was specially designed by Oskar Leo Kaufmann for the hotel and realised by regional craftspersons. During the later expansion construction for Hotel Post, Oskar Leo Kaufmann continued to use wood harmonically as the dominant raw material. When constructing the tennis hall, architect Leopold Kaufmann made use of unconventional, highly functional methods.

Related packages

  • Handwerk+Form Package
    Music & Culture

    Handwerk+Form Package

    Visit the extraordinary exhibition tour in old workshops and well-rehabilitated houses of the Handwerk + Form competition.

  • FAQ Bregenzerwald Package
    Music & Culture

    FAQ Bregenzerwald Package

    FAQ Bregenzerwald is a forum with festival character and culinary demands.