Fly fishing in the Bregenz Forest
More than just fishing
Some say that fly fishing is more than just fishing; it’s a passion. The rivers, streams and lakes in the Bregenz Forest are ideal fishing waters. Fly fishermen find choice territory here. In collaboration with a fly fishing school, Hotel Post offers a complete programme ranging from beginner’s courses through water guiding and rental equipment.
Learn fly fishing
For beginner, the fly fishing school of Claus Elmenreich offers a 3-day course (a half-day each day) from 21 to 25 September 2014. The goal is to touch you enough about fly fishing so that you can fish around the world in various waters with no problems.
The programme includes:
- An introduction to fly fishing
- Basic information about selecting equipment
- Learning and improving the basic cast
- Using what you’ve learned on the water - with appropriate water levels
Fly fishing guiding sessions
For those with experience, the fly fishing school offers guiding sessions where you can improve or expand upon your knowledge. You can learn new casting techniques here or find one that suits you.
The waters within the Bregenz Forest are part of the trout region. The primary fish is the brook trout and some graylings and rainbow trout are also found. You can find a site plan of the waters from the Mittelbregenzerwald fishing association here. This is a sustainable fishing area, meaning that no fish are added.
Browse through the diverse course offerings:
Fly fishing for beginners
- 3 x ½ day casting and fly fishing course @ 4 hours 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Fishing license for the duration of the course is included
- Includes rental equipment and everything necessary such as leader material, flies, ...
- 3 overnight stays with Post Premium Board
- 3 plus 1: When arriving on a Sunday, we will give you an additional night including Post Premium board
From 665 EUR per person
Minimum number of participants: 4 persons, maximum 6 persons
This package is bookable from Sunday to Thursday and from Thursday to Sunday.
Fishers with fishing licenses
- 3-hour guiding session
- April / May / September from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- June / July / August from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 95 EUR per person, 70 EUR for each additional person, without day pass and equipment.
- Day pass 45 EUR
- Rental equipment - based on availability
- Fly rod with reel, complete
14 EUR per day, 29 EUR for 3 days
- Wading pants and wading shoes or wading boots
12 EUR per day, 26 EUR for 3 days
- Wading pants and wading shoes or wading boots with fly vest (fly vest without consumable materials)
15 EUR per day, 32 EUR for 3 days
To make sure that your active programme is perfect, the Susanne Kaufmann spa offers you special treatments in Hotel Post in Bezau. These range from alkaline treatments that relax the musculature to Thalodal sports massage. Do you still need a room? Then send us your non-binding inquiry right now.