The new Mellaubahn is here
Faster to the winter sports paradise Mellau Damüls
It’s finally here: the new Mellaubahn. This summer, the new feeder gondola lift with 10 gondolas will be constructed in Mellau Damüls. On the approx. 2 km route from 710 m to 1,400 m, you will be transported up the mountain at a speed of 6 m per second with your skis, snowboard, bike or backpack. The cableway is designed for use during day and night and thus offers options for very special skiing experiences in Vorarlberg.
Here are the most important facts:
- The 10-seat gondola lift Mellaubahn replaces the previous 4EUB constructed in 1972 (renovated in 1982)
- Valley station: Mellau village, 710 m
- Summit station: Mellau Rossstelle, 1,400 m
- Transport capacity: 3,146 people per hour
- Guest infrastructure: Café and apres ski with terraces, sports shop, ski rental, ski depot, kindergarten, arena area for award ceremonies, restrooms, inboard cash desk
- Construction period: April 2015 to December 2015
As with all newly constructed buildings in the Bregenz Forest, the Mellau cableway has also placed a great deal of attention on sensible integration and high quality architecture. The optical appearance of the valley station has been integrated within the look of the village as much as possible. Local wood has been used for the exterior and the cableway rests on a transparent base made from glass and concrete in which the guest facilities are housed. The summit station, primarily made from wood, has an extensive green roof and is embedded in the slope of the Rossstelle.
Winter in the Bregenz Forest
The Bregenz Forest region located on the northern edge of the Alps is blessed with an above-average amount of snow. Its 16 ski areas earn their special charm their manageable size and win guests over with their excellent infrastructure. In doing so, all of the different tastes and demands of winter sports enthusiasts are taken into consideration.
We would like to present four of these ski areas to you:
Are you already looking forward to your next winter holiday in the Bregenz Forest? Reserve your holiday accommodations with a no-obligation booking enquiry to Hotel Post Bezau!