Body wrapping at home.
Body wrapping is an easy way to visibly reduce the size of the arms, waist or thighs. We explain how body wrapping works and how you can do it at home with ease in today’s Home Spa tip.
Body wrapping is based on the principle of compression and helps our body to reduce water accumulation, activate fat cells and expel toxins. The effect can be further enhanced by the use of effective skin and body products.
You will need:
- 1-2 rolls of cling film
- 2 bath towels
- Skin care products – we use the Detox Oil Scrub, the Anti-Aging body serum and the Anti-Aging body cream
- 1 pot of Detoxification Tea
Prepare to relax in a comfortable place and make yourself a pot of detoxification tea or ginger water. You should drink enough during the wrap to activate the kidneys because they play an important role in the removal of water and toxins expelled by the body wrap.
- Pamper your skin with the Detox Oil Scrub. Starting with the feet, apply it along the legs, moving towards the heart with gentle, circulation movements. Do the same starting from the hands towards the arms and shoulders. This cleans and removes dead skin cells. At the same time, it stimulates the cleansing process and invigorates the supply of blood to the tissue with peeling particles made from apricot kernels and poppy seeds. Wash it off under a relaxing shower.
- Massage the intensive Anti-Aging serum into those areas that need a little more ‘attention’. Then apply the Anti-Aging body cream to all areas you would like to wrap with cling film in the next step. It is perfectly fine for some cream residue to be visible on the skin.
- First wrap your legs with film. Ideally, work with individual sections of film about one metre in length. Do not wrap too tightly in order to prevent the circulation from being cut off. As a general rule of thumb, the looser your connective tissue, the looser the wrap should be. However, the film should not be so loose that it slips. It is worthwhile trying out the desired firmness of the wrap beforehand. You may need someone else help you with wrapping your arms.
- Once you are wrapped, you should rest and relax for at least 30 minutes. Lie down in your favourite feel-good spot and cover yourself up. Now you can sweat! Remember to drink lots during the next few hours to additionally stimulate the detox effect. Your fat cells are pushed together by the body wrap. This forces water from the cells as well as toxins, which are then transported to the kidneys and expelled.
- Remove the wrap after an hour. We then recommend taking a shower to wash away the sweat. For a little bit of care, treat yourself to a little massage with the Pomegranate Oil Firming.
For an optimal, lasting result, use the wrap once a week over a period of 10 weeks. You’ll notice the first signs of success after just one or two wrapping applications. With this in mind: Happy Wrapping!