Menu
Packages

Book online. Best rate guarantee.

30.01.2018 - Cosmetics

Whey

Back to list

From a by-product of cheese production to key ingredient in the cosmetics industry.

Ingo Metzler, farmer and innovator, was one of the first people involved with Susanne Kaufmann cosmetics. Renowned for his “Wäldler" cheese and his natural skin and body care products based on whey, he stumbled upon natural cosmetics some 25 years ago while renovating his dairy farm. He started successfully experimenting with the whey, left over from his cheese production…

Whey

Ingo Metzler enjoys talking about cheese, its history and its many possible uses. For example, about how he only produces and uses hay milk, which is much higher in omega 3 and linoleic acid levels than normal milk. Both are unsaturated fats that preserve the protective function of the skin. Or, about how only 10% of the milk used in cheese production actually becomes cheese. The remaining 90% remains as whey, even though these “residues” contain the most minerals and vitamins. In order not to waste anything, Ingo Metzler started using the leftover whey in cosmetics production.

Cosmetics

The lactic acid found in whey-based skincare products can help promote healthy skin. The protective acid mantle is essential. Whey regulates the skin’s pH value and has a positive influence on moisture retention. The lactic acid found in whey has a similar structure to the lactic acid synthesised by the human body. This is why whey can help with self-healing and can potentially be tolerated by sensible allergy-prone skins.

Whey baths

Susanne Kaufmann™ offers different whey baths such as the herbal whey bath nourishing and the herbal whey bath calming. We also use whey in different Susanne Kaufmann™ products to improve their pH value.

More experiences

07.06.2018 - Cosmetics

7,884,000 minutes = 15 years. Time to celebrate.

15 years Susanne Kaufmann™, something to celebrated. We are inviting friends, fans and companions to the Hotel Post Bezau on August 10, 2018, to do just that with us. Good food and music are of course part of this celebration. The former will be served by the kitchen team around Stefan Jazbec and the necessary "Bezau Beatz" will be provided by the local music festival, which takes place at the same time not to far from the hotel and to which we have always been and are still very much connected - one evening of the festival will be powered by Susanne Kaufmann this year.

Read More

01.06.2018 - Cosmetics

Leave the city by the door

Susanne Kaufmann™ now available at fivve | Store Spa, Yoga in Cologne

Read More